About Just Mind Counseling
The practice was started with the dream of making a stigma-free environment for counseling where clients could seek help and feel comfortable while creating change in their own life. William was heavily influenced by his time at an agency in New Orleans which had ongoing education as its bedrock and a carefully constructed team of counselors passionate about helping others. William’s background in technology, business development, and marketing heavily influenced the product that you see today with Just Mind, and is constantly looking for ways to improve it.
Teri joined Just Mind in 2013 and brought her years of counseling knowledge and management experience to Just Mind. Teri worked for 11 years in nonprofits working on domestic violence and kids in the school system. She quickly became the operations director and clinical supervisor for Just Mind. Her thoughtful communication, planning, and ability to find the strengths in everyone she works with have helped Just Mind to be succeed.
What sets Just Mind apart is the diversity and depth of experience of its team.
A little about Just Mind:
- We are dedicated to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company. People are their happiest, healthiest, and best selves when they know their team values them for who they are. At Just Mind, we strive to build a team with a diversity of backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences not just because it is a business imperative, but because it is the right thing to do.
- Languages spoken: (English, Spanish, Hungarian, Italian, and French)
- Evidence-Based Training and Certifications: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), Emotionally Focused Therapy, Gottman Trained Couples Therapists, Psychobiological Approach to Couples Therapy (PACT), Interpersonal Neurobiology, Internal Family Systems, Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR), Somatic Experiencing, Sex Positive, etc.
- We work with: ADHD, Anxiety, Aspergers (ASD), Depression, Family and Parenting, Grief, LGBT, Personal Growth, Postpartum Depression, Couples including high conflict couples, and PTSD and Trauma, to name a few of the counseling services we offer. We also work with children through adults.
- Teri Schroeder is an EMDR Consultant: she helps provide on-site consultation to our 14 EMDR therapists.
- Continuing education with various experts from around the world who provide education. We also have ongoing consultation/supervision.
- 7,000+ clients served since 2007.
Meet our team of Austin counselors. A few of them are featured below.