Family and Parenting Counseling
Family and parenting counseling is something that many seek after deciding to have kids as many individuals find themselves in need of support. Whether it is the process of trying to have kids and potential fertility issues, pressures of trying to be a perfect parent, or building a new identity as a parent, we are here to help. We have expertly-trained family counselors and family psychologists available. We also offer support for relationship counseling, child counseling, and teen counseling, if needed.
Our consult areas include:
Below are some posts on family and parenting that may be helpful to you in your quest to learn more for yourself or those you love.
- In Defense of Relentless Problem-Solving – How helping your kids with problem-solving can be beneficial for the parent and child.
- The Power of Yes – A couple of tools to help you parent utilizing fun and figuring out how to share power.
- When Parenting Breaks You – A child therapist uses her own experience with her child to discuss what to do if you are experiencing difficulty with parenting.
- Parents Who Parent Differently – How to successfully manage and use different parenting styles.
- How to Talk About Sex With Your Son or Daughter – A child therapist gives tips on how to discuss the birds and bees with your children.
- How to Stop Back-to-School Stress – Four simple tips on how to stop back-to-school stress before it starts.
- How to Respond to An Emotional Meltdown with Kids – A child therapist discusses the best way to respond to a child’s emotional meltdown.
- How to Make the Most of the Holidays with Your Family – The holidays can be as much of as stressor as a stress-reliever. Here is how to make the holidays enjoyable for everyone.
- Four Simple Ways to Connect With Your Kids this Summer 2019 – Running out of ideas to keep your kids busy this summer? Here a few ideas for activities from a child therapist.
- 5 Things to to Discuss with Kids from Inside Out – A therapist’s perspective on what you can teach your kids about emotions based off this film.