Stress Wellness In Uncertain Times
Stress management is what we often call it, but is that what we are really doing? Is “managing” even the right word? Management or managing gives the idea that we have some sort of control over what is going on in our lives at this moment in time, but control feels like one of our biggest losses during COVID while uncertainty seems to be one of our biggest, unwanted gains. How do we care for and walk ourselves through this season of a world pandemic? What in the world does loving ourselves well look like in the midst of a global crisis? In this short webinar we will explore how “stress management” or any kind of “management” related to our health and wellbeing can work in this environment. We’ll talk candidly and practically. No BS allowed. This is hard stuff. None of us have the emotional or mental energy for anything but “real” right now.
Topics we will cover:
- Intentional self-care versus stress management
- Sleep hygiene
- Socio-emotional health
- Mindfulness for stress reduction
- Information on how the brain and body works in stressful situations
- Practical ideas for self-soothing
- Understand the difference between self-care and stress management.
- Know how the brain and body respond to stress and how this information can be used.
- Use specific ways to self-soothe and stay healthy.
- Name practical ways to improve sleep quality.
- Utilize mindfulness based stress reduction exercises.
- Friday May 1, 12pm CST
- 30 minutes of presentation, 30 minutes of Q&A